Human hair wigs are just like what the name described – Wigs that are created using human hair. This means that the wigs look, feel and act just as natural hair would. Human hair wigs certainly cost more than wigs made from synthetic material because of the quality of the hair and also the fine craftsmanship involved to produce the wigs.
Women’s human hair wigs offer styling versatility, texture that is the same as your own hair, long-lasting, and looks incredibly natural. As such, these types of wigs are an investment. They require the same amount of love and care as to how you would give to your own natural hair.
If you are planning to get yourself a human hair wig and would like to know how to take care of it, please scroll ahead.
Before Washing Your Human Hair Wig
Before washing your human hair wig, use a wide-tooth comb to gently comb the hair and remove any tangles. Start from the tip of the hair and slowly work your way up towards the base of the roots.
Washing Your Human Hair Wig
To wash your wig, begin by wetting the wig under running water. Hold your wig under the tap in the sink or wet it in the shower. Work up a lather with a small amount of shampoo and apply it to your wig. Remember not to rub or twist the wig as doing so may cause the hair to tangle or break. Once the wig is covered with shampoo, rinse them out using clean, cold running water. You may use the wig comb to comb the shampoo out of the wig.
After you have rinsed the shampoo out of the wig, lightly squeeze out any excess water from the hair. Remember not to wring or rub the wig. Use a towel to gently blot or remove any extra water.
Conditioning Your Hair Wig
Put a small amount of conditioner in your hand and work it through the hair in a gentle downwards motion from the middle down to the ends. Remember to spread them evenly. Avoid the base and root as it can loosen the knots on the cap and cause your wig to lose hair. Leave the conditioner on for 1-2 minutes and do not exceed 3-5 minutes. Rinse the wig by holding it under cool running water until the water runs clear just like the steps above. Squeeze gently or use a clean, dry towel to press out excess water. Remember not to twist or wring.
When you buy products for cleaning your human hair wig, do keep in mind to get special shampoo and conditioner. This is because regular shampoo and conditioners have chemicals in them and may damage the wig.
Styling Your Wig
The best way is to place the wig on a wig stand and let it air dry. This is the gentlest method and helps preserve the natural fibers. Once the wig is dry, you can use heated styling tools such as curling iron, flat iron, or hair dryer to style your hair wig. Below are some of the ways you can style your wig:-
- To straighten your hair wig, take a one-inch section starting at the roots and run a flat iron to the ends.
- To curl your hair wig, wrap the hair around a curling iron and hold for 10 seconds, and release.
For more tips and tricks on how to take care of your wig and help to keep your wig looking good and last longer, check them out below:-
- Remember to wash or rinse your human hair wig before wearing it. This type of wig is not ready to wear out of the box.
- Do not rinse using hot water as this may damage the cap.
- Do not dry the wig on a mannequin head to avoid stretching the cap.
- It is not recommended to sleep, shower, or swim while wearing the wig.
- When not in use, always store the wig on a wig stand to avoid unwanted kinks or knots.
- The lace on the wig cap is delicate and should not be tugged or pulled.
- Do not brush the hair when wet to prevent damage.
- If you want to cut, perm, or color your wig, do seek the help of a professional hairstylist.
- Keep your wig out of direct sunlight as it fades the hair color.
- When not in use, remember to keep the wig stored in an upright position on a wig stand. This is to avoid the wig caps from stretching and losing their shape. Also, cover it to avoid dust.
- Preserve the color of the hair wig by avoiding contact with hot water, chlorinated water, and seawater.
- Do not use any kind of spray in your wig s this will make the wig become greasy and unmanageable.
Now that you have learned the ways to take care of a human hair wig, it is time to start shopping for one and the best place to buy wigs is at Uniwigs, an online wig retailer store that offers a range of 100% human hair and quality synthetic wig available in various lengths and cuts. Whatever your preference is, Uniwigs can help.